Bilingual Chat Support Agent (English/Portuguese)
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
Oxygen is a modern financial platform designed for the 21st-century economy, tailored to meet the unique needs of today's consumers and small businesses (freelancers, solopreneurs and modern SMBs). We believe beauty lies in simplicity, from design to utility, and build our ever-growing product suite with this in mind. And we’re just getting started. At Oxygen, we’re focused on lifting up those who dare to push boundaries and redefine what's possible by delivering on our promise to be a more fair financial partner. The next generation building the future is writing their own rules and shattering expectations. So are we. For those who reject the status quo, welcome to Banking for the Extraordinary. Let's create the future!
Customer trust and experience is our top priority at Oxygen and we are committed to delivering customer delight and trust with every customer interaction. The Chat Support Agent is a core member of the Customer Operations team who will be responsible to find win-win solutions to both low and complex customer needs. As a trained expert, the Solutions Specialist will have the latitude to use their best judgment and take decisions in the exercise of their function, and be accountable for delivering world-class experiences that surpass customers' needs and expectations, by providing educated advice to customers via chat channel or emails while maintaining the highest degree of accuracy and professionalism. The company is in an exciting and rapid growth phase, which is why we prioritize instilling trust in our customers.
- Be the voice of Oxygen by representing our values and mission.
- Provide prompt, courteous and efficient service by Chat, email and potentially by phone regarding various financial services questions and concerns in a timely and effective manner that exceeds customer expectations.
- Be a customer advocate while capturing feedback and work closely with management to find solutions.
- Serve as subject matter expert to properly advise and support customers.
- Anticipate customer needs in order to thoughtfully promote various products through cross-selling/value-add opportunities when appropriate.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures internally.
- Maintain a very good understanding and remain current of all our Policy and Procedures.
- Handle at times demanding customers independently with limited supervision.
- Evaluate customer support processes and identify areas for improvement to enhance efficiency, customer experience, and decision-making effectiveness.
- Brainstorm with management to provide input and suggestions to help improve and innovate our service offering.
- Develop knowledge of Oxygen's products and features is essential to provide expert guidance on tier upgrades, qualifications, and associated benefits.
- Resolve complex customer inquiries and issues by independently handling escalated customer concerns and finding appropriate resolutions while adhering to company policies and guidelines.
- Evaluate customer requests for refunds or credits based on established guidelines and making decisions on whether to approve or deny them.
- Effectively demonstrate critical thinking to find sound solutions, make educated and informed exceptions for situations where standard procedures may not apply to ensure customer satisfaction, while always considering the business implications accordingly.
- Train new solutions specialist team members by sharing expertise, best practices, and decision-making approaches.
- Ensuring that decisions and actions align with applicable laws, regulations, and company policies to maintain compliance and mitigate risk.
- Additional relevant duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in customer communications and success in Financial services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Portuguese
- Knowledge of G Suite functionalities
- Prior experience with CRM platforms such as Intercom, Zendesk and Salesforce Knowledge of Regulation E, Regulation Z and dispute processes
- Experience in working with BPOs
- Excellent judgment and decision making ability to find solutions and provide advice on matters impactful to the client and the business.
- Analytical, problem solving and results oriented skill set
- A demonstrable desire for innovation, continuous learning and improvementCustomer service excellence is a must, with a passion for service and ownership of each customer contact
- Desire to work hard, produce results and have fun doing it
- High sense of accountability and self sufficiency
- Highly organized individual with strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, prioritize work and time management skills in a fast paced environment
- Computer savvy
- Ability to handle large volume of information with accuracy
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
Compensation & Benefits
- The final compensation package for this role will be determined during the interview process and is based on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, geographic location, internal equity, education, skill set, experience and training.
- Oxygen also offers comprehensive benefits, including stock options, medical, dental, and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits, a retirement plan, flex time off, paid parental leave, employer paid disability coverage, and additional health and wellbeing perks and benefits. Oxygen reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits at any time.
- Not sure you qualify? Don’t meet every single requirement? At Oxygen we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
- Oxygen provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.