(Senior) Fullstack (React & Node) Engineer (f/m/d) - B2B & Affiliate
We are smava – the online credit comparison platform. We make loans transparent, fair and affordable! With more than 300.000 satisfied customers, we are one of the biggest FinTech companies in Germany. Become now part of our vision to shape the digital future of the consumer loan market!
Our Development teams are distributed along the customer journey, each being completely in charge of their corresponding part of our platform and according technical services. They operate in a vastly autonomous and self-managed way: we live up to our belief in flat hierarchies and self-organized network structures where leadership happens in a lateral manner and teams are enabled to make their own decisions. This empowers everyone to a great extent - by sharing responsibility and decision-making amongst every member.
YOUR NEW TEAM
We are looking for a (Senior) Software Engineer to join our B2B & Affiliate team. Our mission is to provide a best-in-class partner program for our affiliate and B2B partners by offering an outstanding experience to their customer base. As a result we benefit from continuous mutual growth. To round up our service we manage all administrative aspects of our platform’s interaction with them, such as APIs, a self-service portal, dashboards and automated commission calculation.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Work in a data-intensive distributed environment with different technologies (PHP with Golang and NodeJS microservices in the backend; React in the frontend).
- Ensure that all services of our affiliate partner programs run with high stability and all traffic is properly managed and tracked.
- Conceptualize and build new functionality as well as improve existing systems and services.
- Take an active part in the decision-making processes (goals, timelines, stack, etc.) and play a pivotal role in the growth and success of the team.
- Involvement in the development and maintenance of the team’s products end to end in line with our “you build it, you run it, you own it” philosophy which also includes DevOps tasks.
- Strong proficiency in React and Typescript.
- Professional experience with NodeJS microservices.
- Proficiency in PHP (Symfony or another major framework) is a great plus.
- Familiarity with DevOps environments and experience working with containerized microservice infrastructures, ideally running on AWS with Kubernetes (EKS).
- Previous experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC, Terraform) is a big plus.
- Ability to integrate reliable web technologies rapidly and achieve flexible software architecture designs.
- Proactive attitude as well as willing to take over responsibilities and ownership while working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Experience working in agile environments in the past; ideally within startup-like companies with flat hierarchies and cross-team collaboration.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An open and dynamic working environment with a diverse and multicultural team composed of more than 50 nationalities..
- Internal career programs, further training opportunities & language courses (German & English)
- A modern office located at the center of the city and with fully equipped facilities, including a rooftop and relax spaces!
- With smunch you get your subsidized lunch delivered to the office
- For your relaxation there are 30 days of vacation. Parents benefit from 10 additional child-sick-days
- For your physical and mental health, we offer sponsorships for different sport centers as well as online meditation courses.
- We support social projects and cover part of the costs of your public transportation ticket in Berlin so you can travel in an environmentally conscious way!
- A subsidized company pension plan
Then apply online in just 2 minutes via the application button as Senior Backend Engineer (f/m/d). Simply upload your CV (preferably as PDF file) and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
All applications are accepted exclusively via the application form.
Contact: Daria Nechaieva
At smava we celebrate diversity and stand for an environment that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We're committed to equal employment and development opportunities regardless of gender identity or expression, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, culture or place of origin.
Do you want to learn more about us?
Visit our career page: www.smava.de/jobs/en