Senior Full Stack Engineer (f/m/d) - Node.js & Typescript
We are smava – the online credit comparison platform. We make loans transparent, fair and affordable! With more than 300.000 satisfied customers, we are one of the biggest FinTech companies in Germany. Become now part of our vision to shape the digital future of the consumer loan market!
Our Development teams are distributed along the customer journey, each being completely in charge of their corresponding part of our platform and according services and systems. They operate in a vastly autonomous and self-managed way: we live up to our belief in flat hierarchies and self-organized network structures where leadership happens in a lateral manner and teams are enabled to make their own decisions within our exciting roadmap. This empowers everyone to a great extent - by sharing responsibility and decision-making amongst all colleagues.
YOUR NEW TEAM
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Customer Communication team. Our mission is to connect people to enable the best loan application process possible. That is why we create an innovative omni-channel communication landscape by building services that ensure a meaningful and right-in-time communication with our customers in a fully automated way along the whole customer journey. This includes email, sms and most important: our fully automated dialer for in- and out-bound calls as core service for our loan advisors. In addition to that we constantly optimize main parameters of the customer experience by data-driven experiments around customer value, timings etc.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Work in a data-intensive distributed environment with different NodeJS and Typescript services that run on AWS Lambda and Kubernetes as well as React in the frontend.
- Ensure that all services of our customer communication run with high stability and all traffic is properly managed and tracked.
- Conceptualize and build new functionality as well as improve existing systems and services.
- Take active part in the decision-making processes of your team (goals, timelines, stack, etc.).
- Work closely with our PO to plan and continuously develop new features for the team’s domain
- Involvement in the development and maintenance of the team’s products end to end in line with our “you build it, you run it, you own it” philosophy which also includes DevOps tasks.
- You have several years of professional experience with Node.js and React using TypeScript
- Experience scaling a service to handle traffic spikes, utilize caching and optimize MySQL queries
- Experience with AWS and containerized microservice infrastructures, ideally running on AWS with Kubernetes and Terraform
- Experience with Crossengage, Segment or other customer data platform provider is a big plus
- You are passionate about your work and a great communicator, always keen on sharing knowledge with the team. Interest in cross-team / cross-functional projects is a plus.
- You are proactive and willing to take over responsibilities, having ownership while working in a highly collaborative environment
- You have worked in agile environments in the past; ideally within startup-like companies or grown-ups with flat hierarchies
Don’t meet every single requirement? We are not simply looking for years of experience – we are looking for the right person and are open to both mid-level and senior profiles. If you are excited about this role and meet the essential criteria but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An open and dynamic working environment with a diverse and multicultural team composed of more than 50 nationalities.
- Internal career programs, further training opportunities & German language courses
- For your relaxation there are 30 days of vacation. Parents benefit from 10 additional child-sick-days
- For your physical and mental health, we offer sponsorships for different sport centers as well as online meditation courses.
- We support social projects and cover part of the costs of your public transportation ticket so you can travel in an environmentally conscious way!
- A subsidized company pension plan
Then apply online in just 2 minutes via the application button as Fullstack Engineer (f/m/d). Simply upload your CV (preferably as a PDF file) and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
All applications are accepted exclusively via the application form.
Contact: Daria Nechaieva
At smava we celebrate diversity and stand for an environment that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We're committed to equal employment and development opportunities regardless of gender identity or expression, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, culture or place of origin.
Do you want to learn more about us?
Visit our career page: www.smava.de/jobs/en