Senior Information Security Engineer
Software Engineering, IT
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2023
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We began our journey in 2005 with the drive to deliver customer-first financial products. Fast forward to 2020, we shifted gears and became a digital bank, leveraging our customer knowledge, money expertise and technical agility to forge ahead. Our diverse team is united by a mission to create simple, fair and honest financial products that have the customers’ needs at their heart.
We’re regularly recognised at industry awards for our game-changing products and are proud to be one of the market leaders in consumer lending in the UK. But our work doesn’t stop there.
After securing £220 million in our 2021 funding round led by SoftBank, we’ve entered the next stage in our journey. So far, we’ve lent out over £8 billion and made money work better for over half a million people across the UK who were looking to borrow or save with us. In less than 2 years after becoming a bank, we hit £2 billion in customer deposits and we’re also a top 5 credit card issuer in the UK. And this is just the beginning.
We’re set on achieving big things with ambitious growth targets to match. This means there's a range of opportunities for you to excel and develop through a career at Zopa, while building better banking products that truly matter to our customers.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa. For a closer look at our culture, check out our latest video here. And if you want to join us, have a look at our current open roles!
We are searching for a skilled and hands on Security Engineer to become a part of Zopa's Information Security team. In this role, you will play a crucial role in implementing and maintaining PCI DSS compliance, onboarding new SIEM sources to enhance the capabilities of the Security Operations Center (SOC), and spearheading security initiatives and improvements throughout the organisation. You'll be working closely with infrastructure, software engineering, and business units to ensure a 24/7 operations and security of our consumer-facing services. Out of office hours on-call may be required as a point of escalation to ensure issues are attended to swiftly.
- Implement and maintain security controls in compliance with PCI DSS requirements
- On-board and manage SIEM event sources and build new use cases
- Search for signs of compromise and assess their potential effects on the Zopa environment
- Collaborate with teams during investigations and ensure that correct instrumentation and data is available
- Assist in the development of new SOC capabilities
- Work on improvements to process and alerting and enriching data
- Take part in automation of the incident identification and prioritisation
- Produce regular reports on operational security status and maintain documentation
- Strong prior experience in implementing and maintaining compliance with PCI DSS
- Previous experience working with SIEM (preferably Splunk)
- Deep understanding of variety of logs, log events from: Linux, Windows, IPS/IDS, WAF, Cloud services such as AWS, Vulnerability scanning, AV products
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networks and network protocols
- Knowledge of security practice and technologies
- Experience in a Security Operations role
Nice to have:
- Experience of the risks faced by financial services and credit card businesses
- Experience with Linux containers, Kubernetes and Prisma Cloud
- Relevant certifications in the security operations space: GCIA, GCIH, GMON, CSA, CySA+, etc
Flexible working? Yes please!
Whether you want to come into our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office or work from the comfort of your own home (or both!), you’ll be able to decide on an approach with your manager, looking at what works best for you, your role and your team.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.
See more open positions at Zopa
Something looks off?