Senior Software Engineer
Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2022
As Amazon is pouring billions into its e-commerce infrastructure, independent brands are struggling to offer the same level of trust and experience to their customers.
They're now faced with a difficult choice: hop onto the Amazon train or lose customers every day.
Bigblue helps independent brands fight back. Together with companies like Stripe and Shopify, we're arming the direct-to-consumer rebellion.
Shopify powers their e-shop, Stripe makes payment trivial, and we, Bigblue store and deliver their products around the world.
Founded in 2018 we have raised $18M and we are now more than 80 employees working from our offices in Paris, Madrid, London and remotely.
We are building a company of high performers driven by the ambition of creating a global fulfilment leader.
Our day-to-day job in the Product Team is to offer pragmatic solutions to complex problems, that empower hundreds of brands and help them thrive.
We don't settle for average and we extend excellence to everything we do, especially building our product.
Never done learning, we consistently seek progress and impact in every action.
Come join an ambitious engineering team that is shaping a new, frictionless logistics experience.
👉 To learn more about our product culture, see Bigblue's product team hub.
- Own subjects from solution exploration through implementation
- Design systems that take into consideration scale and hyper-growth
- Review your peers and ensure no bug slips to production
- Improve engineering standards and development tooling
- Join in on system design conversations in product and engineering
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience doing software development (Go, Java, Scala, Python, ...) in a professional environment
- Familiarity with systems and patterns commonly utilized to create solutions at scale
- Interest and empathy to reach for magical user experiences
- Attention to detail, hold yourself and others to a high bar when writing production code
- Strong English communication and writing skills
Nice to have :
- Experience with Go and/or React-Typescript specifically
- Experience with distributed systems and/or micro-services at scale
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
- Experience with event-driven systems
- Compulsive software news reader (hello HN!)
- Brand new offices in Paris' biggest tech hub (9th arrondissement)
- Innovative engineering and product culture
- Early stage well-funded company
- Founders-led company
- We are a team of foodies, so lunch is on us every Tuesday and Thursday. Better said, we're cooking so you'll have access to great food all day long!
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done