Product Specialist Intern
Posted on Saturday, December 3, 2022
As Amazon is pouring billions into its e-commerce infrastructure, independent brands are struggling to offer the same level of trust and experience to their customers.
They're now faced with a difficult choice: hop onto the Amazon train or lose customers every day.
Bigblue helps independent brands fight back. Together with companies like Stripe and Shopify, we're arming the direct-to-consumer rebellion.
Shopify powers their e-shop, Stripe makes payment trivial, and we, Bigblue store and deliver their products around the world.
Founded in 2018 we have raised $18M and we are now more than 100 employees working from our offices in Paris, Madrid, London and remotely. We handle hundreds of thousands of parcels every month for hundreds of merchants
We are building a company of high performers driven by the ambition of creating a global fulfilment leader.
Our day-to-day job in the Product Team is to offer pragmatic solutions to complex problems, that empower hundreds of brands and help them thrive.
We don't settle for average and we extend excellence to everything we do, especially building our product.
Never done learning, we consistently seek progress and impact in every action.
Come join an ambitious product team that is shaping a new, frictionless logistics experience.
We are looking for a Product Specialist Intern to join our Product Team. You will be the liaison between our product and Bigblue's users (merchants, buyers and internal teams). Working directly with experienced product managers and engineers (ex: Apple, Meta, Linkedin, Vimeo, Kapten...), you will ensure the quality of our products and its features adoption.
This position is transversal and hands-on. You will discover all the facets of our product and learn new skills. It is a great place to grow into the product sphere such as future roles in product management or product marketing.
Fluent English and French communication skills are a MUST for this role.
- Capture product feedback, investigate issues, and identify solutions. Work with Product Managers to prioritise these solutions and get them implemented with Designers and Engineers
- Create documentation and build training content to help drive go-to-market of the products. Communicate pedagogically with the team to improve their knowledge and tech-savviness
- Provide technical insights to Bigblue's clients. This can be needed when a client with a complex need is trying to use our product to solve it such as during onboarding. We allocate you time to develop expertise. You become the go-to person when it comes to the understanding of our products.
- Education - Final year of Degree from a top engineering school (or equivalent) or business school. This should be your end of school internship with our intention for you to become full time after that
- You are a doer - you aim and strive for high impact and getting things done
- Eager to learn - You are excited to discover new scopes and learn new technologies
- Ever curious & Embrace complexity - You have a habit of digging deep to understand how things really work
- Problem-solver - You thrive to find solutions to people's problems
- Communicator - Excellent writing and summarising skills. As you will work with Bigblue's transversal teams, you make sure everyone understands complex situations and you build strong relationships with the different teams.
- Languages - Fluent English and French communication skills - written & oral - to engage with all team members and merchants. We indeed have warehouses in France, Spain and in the UK.
- Work experience - No previous experience is required but past experience in a cross-functional role in a similar top tier environment is a plus
- Programming - Experience with software engineering and programming, or software tools (inspector, Google Cloud logs, Postman, etc.) are an asset. If you carry an interest in tech, the mission can include the development and maintenance of our tools and software
- Data Analysis - Ability to analyze product data and manipulate databases (SQL) to prioritize feedback is a plus
- Spanish communication skills is a plus
- Early-stage well-funded company with a great culture
- Innovative and strong product team
- Room for learning. At Bigblue, we take learning very seriously: you will have the room to improve your skills and expertise in web technologies.
- Brand new offices in Paris (near Opera)
- We are a team of foodies. Twice per week, we cook lunch. By the team for the team!
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Thank you for considering joining Bigblue! We look forward to hearing from you 📡
[30 min] Recruiter phone screen
[45min] Hiring manager phone screen
[90 min] Case study assignment
Onsite at the Bigblue office (we can try to do this remote if its difficult for you to be in Paris)
[45min] Live problem solving and prioritization: chat with 2 Product specialists
[45min] Product team fit: chat with 2 other Product team members
[1-2 days] Reference calls