Finance Ops Manager
Accounting & Finance, Operations
Posted on Wednesday, March 1, 2023
As Amazon is pouring billions into its e-commerce infrastructure, independent brands are struggling to offer the same level of trust and experience to their customers. They're now faced with a difficult choice: hop onto the Amazon train or lose customers every day. Bigblue helps independent brands fight back. Together with companies like Stripe and Shopify, we're arming the direct-to-consumer rebellion. Shopify powers their e-shop, Stripe makes payment trivial, and we, Bigblue store and deliver their products around the world.
Founded in 2018, we have raised $18M, and we are now more than 100 employees working from our offices in Paris, Madrid, London, and remotely.
About the role 🚀
Thibault (Head of Finance) joined Bigblue 9 months ago and set up the finance side of the business.
Today, we are still undergoing a phase of rapid expansion, and he needs help to (i) manage operational issues and (ii) implement new finance-related issues within the different teams (e.g. budgets).
We are looking for a Finance Ops Manager to assist the Head of Finance in the execution of the financial routine and the planification cycle.
- Drive timely and accurate delivery of financial accounts by our accounting firms in the 3 countries where we currently operate, ensuring compliance with local regulations and standards, and providing insights for business decision-making
- Manage payment to providers, specific invoicing (e.g. credit notes) and overdue invoice collection
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop financial reports and presentations
- Lead operational finance activity, providing strategic guidance and operational oversight to ensure financial health, while driving continuous improvement of financial processes and systems to support organizational growth and scalability
- Proactively support the Head of Finance and other teams in creating, monitoring, and updating the business plan and the annual budget, providing financial insights, conducting scenario analyses, and ensuring alignment with strategic goals and objectives
- Facilitate efficient and effective execution of administrative topics, including cap table management, board meetings preparation, stock-options issuance, payroll management, and other ad-hoc financial and administrative tasks
- +2 years experience in an tier 1 audit or consulting firm, or experience as a Finance Ops in a scale-up
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities to interact with teams at all levels of seniority
- Meticulous, pay attention to details
- Fluent in 🇫🇷 and 🇬🇧
- Brand new offices (with rooftop) in Paris 9th
- We are a team of foodies, so twice a week, lunch is on us.
- Alan 100% covered by the company
- Founders-led company
- We offer competitive compensation packages, along with meaningful equity
We want to hear from you! Regardless of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, origin, disability, age… At Bigblue, we create equal opportunities for all and make our culture as inclusive as possible. Because we believe that challenging assumptions and embracing diversity in experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger.
Because what we value first and foremost are curiosity and growth-driven minds. So regardless of who you are and how many “boxes” you tick on the job description if you have the energy and passion to help shape Bigblue’s entrepreneurial adventure, APPLY.