Posted on Friday, March 3, 2023
As Amazon is pouring billions into its e-commerce infrastructure, independent brands are struggling to offer the same level of trust and experience to their customers. They're now faced with a difficult choice: hop onto the Amazon train or lose customers every day.
Bigblue helps independent brands fight back. Together with companies like Stripe and Shopify, we're arming the direct-to-consumer rebellion. Shopify powers their e-shop, Stripe makes payment trivial, and we, Bigblue store and deliver their products around the world.
Founded in 2018 we have raised capital from top investors and we are now more than 100 employees working from our offices in Paris, Madrid, London. We are already the biggest provider of this service for ecommerce brands in Europe.
We are building a company of high performers driven by the ambition of creating a global fulfillment leader.
Our day-to-day job in the Product Team is to offer pragmatic solutions to complex problems, that empower hundreds of brands and help them thrive. Our product team, made up of people from Apple, Meta, Booking, Datadog, Criteo and Vimeo.
We don't settle for average and we extend excellence to everything we do, especially in building our product.
Never done learning, we consistently seek progress and impact in every action.
🚀 Unlimited growth | 💯 Excellence | 🎯 Impact | 💡Pragmatism
Come join an ambitious product team that is shaping a new, frictionless logistics experience. We are looking for a talented product centric designer to craft great products, from discovery to delivery. Someone enthusiastic about developing strategies and features based on user insights, and eager to turn them into compelling products.
About the role
- Lead many design projects across the entire product lifecycle such as leading discovery (to understand customer problems and opportunities), prioritizing with product managers on the high-level solution, designing high-impact features (or improvements) to address those customer problems in the most efficient manner (with minimal resources), fine-tuning the design based on internal and external feedback, writing in-app effective content (design with the lens of language), and testing live output to ensure the features create the impact.
- Set the user experience vision for merchants and their customers.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team made of engineers, data, and product managers.
- Establish customer-centric best practices to make informed decisions while delivering against our goals.
- Take into account existing insights, technical constraints, business needs, and specific market demands.
- Be autonomous. Take full ownership of your work every step of the way, from whiteboard sketching to high-fidelity prototypes.
- Take a key part in building Bigblue’s brand.
- You have 2+ years of experience with end-to-end UI/UX design at a product-driven tech company. We are flexible in terms of seniority of hire - your salary and seniority are dependent on years of experience (for example 3 years vs 8 years), along with assessment from interviews.
- You are excited to collaborate with everyone on the team. You believe inspiration can come from anywhere.
- You are experienced at talking to users and are willing to constantly do so. This is very important to lead effective discovery process (to uncover jobs to be done, painpoints, opportunities, prioritization) or to test output
- You are willing to throw away ideas if they're not great and positive enough to keep hunting for new ones.
- You are familiar with the design tools (Figma, Framer, Origami…).
- You have created and/or maintained design systems, in sync with engineers.
- You are fluent in French and English, and are able to write effective in-app content
- You have a portfolio of design projects that shows your understanding of the design process and your great craft skills.
- 🧠 Knowledge Sharing and learning - Learn from the best and be supervised by experienced people who have a real desire to pass on their knowledge in tech, as well as in the field of logistics!
- 🎯 Ownership & High Expectations - Quickly assume important responsibilities allowing you to have a real impact on the growth of the company. Regular impact based evaluation to help you grow as fast as its suitable. Ultra-dynamic work environment with an international reach. Stock package to be part of the company
- 🚀 Ambition & Humility - Discover a great working atmosphere: outings, game nights, team buildings, offsites, team lunches, super caring founders, brand new offices in Paris (near the Opera), day to day benefits (Alan, travel, etc). Discover the world of e-commerce and logistics, a booming industry where everything remains to be done. Be part of a growing and promising startup.