NOTICE: ONLINE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
LOCATION: REMOTELY FROM POLAND
SALARY FOR A MID ENGINEER: 16 000 - 20 000 PLN gross/monthly
SALARY FOR A SENIOR ENGINEER: 20 000 - 30 000 PLN gross/monthly
As the world's leading online learning platform, our mission is to inspire students to share and explore knowledge in a collaborative community and with the help of Ginny - our home-backed AI Tutor.
Millions of students all over the world use Brainly to reach where they otherwise could not. On our road to delivering the best educational experience, we are currently looking for a strong shoulder of an iOS Engineer who can lend a hand in winning this quest.
In the AppEx team, you will join a squad of rock-star folks whose work was featured by AppStore for the Back to School season as the best educational platform for students.
To deliver the best outcome we are challenging the solutions by finding a suitable path to combine the current best practices with incrementation of the top-notch tech solutions.
App Experience at Brainly is solving complex challenges in the ed-tech space. Moving towards the bold goals you can account for dealing with projects such as:
- AI integration using best ML practices with the support of our Technology team
- Animated features built on SwiftUI
- Educational path gamification using AI technologies
- Search engine solution based on OCR
- User journey personalization to deliver best experience for students worldwide
Is acting proactively bread and butter to you?
Are you meticulous and quality-focused?
Is there nothing such as "too small task" to do in your dictionary?
If you answered yes to these questions, you might just be the perfect candidate for this role!
WHY THE PRODUCT TEAM AT BRAINLY?
- Transform the world of online education by developing products for students, parents, and teachers around the globe — your impact is immediate!
- Work with a self-sustainable, cross-functional team that has full ownership of the process and product.
- Contribute to a data-driven environment, experiment constantly, deliver fast and learn even faster.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Execute the software development life cycle (SDLC) on the engineering level, including ownership over initiative architectural design, requirements analysis, contribution to delivery planning, implementation, results verification, and code maintenance for the Brainly platform
- Build solutions according to requirements, adhering to company standards, conventions, and best practices
- Solve complex technical challenges such as scalability, high reliability and security
- Collaborate with the development team, with such roles as Software Engineers, Quality Assurance Engineers, UX/UI Designers, Product Managers, Delivery Managers and other stakeholders
- Participate in team events, and sometimes lead and facilitate them
- Conduct meaningful peer code reviews contributing to the quality of the solution
- Write high-quality technical documentation
- Maintain existing systems by monitoring, troubleshooting, debugging and fixing software defects
- Take part in the recruitment process as a technical recruiter and help us hire more great engineers
- Share and exchange knowledge and expertise with others in the company
- Guide and mentor peers with less experience
WHAT MAKES YOU THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
- 3+ years of experience delivering iOS products
- Experience developing and maintaining large-scale, complex mobile applications for the iOS platform
- Experience leading the feature implementation from A to Z (starting from broad requirements, work breakdown and estimation, solution presentation, development, testing and preparing for production)
- Computer science fundamentals including data structures and design patterns
- Advanced knowledge of Swift
- Strong understanding of iOS SDK
- Good understanding of common back-end system integration/web services/APIs
- Familiarity with Agile development and lean principles
- Extremely strong communication skills to sync and get things done with Data Analysts, UX researchers, Designers and QA Engineers
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
WHAT WILL BLOW OUR MINDS
- Usage of REST and GraphQL in commercial projects
- Experience with SwiftUI
- Knowledge of mobile analytics implementation and solution assessment
- Experience in development processes review and improvement
- Ability to do solution benchmark and optimization, and implement new best practices
- Experience in documenting and sharing knowledge with peers, or even mentoring less experienced colleagues
- Ability to collaborate with international teams distributed around the globe
- Familiarity with Firebase analytics and testing frameworks
- Knowledge of experimentation process, building features and variants, quality assurance including
- Understanding of stages of the experimentation cycle from hypothesis to analysis
WHAT YOU GET BY JOINING BRAINLY
- We want to see you grow along with us – you will have 800$ per year for personal development, extra time for attending conferences and workshops, and unlimited access to an online learning platform (courses from Coursera, Udacity, Udemy, Harvard ManageMentor, Busuu, and many others!)
- Health is important, which is why at Brainly, we fully cover private health & dental care packages for you and your family and provide you with a sport card (Multisport Plus)
- You will also get an access to online individual psychological consultations with professionals in English, Polish & Ukrainian via the Mental Health Helpline
- Your personal concierge AskHenry will support you in your daily duties, eg. planning your dream vacation
- You can join internal communities and contribute to charity, diversity and inclusion initiatives, take part in great internal events or represent Brainly at conferences or meet-ups
- We also provide stock options
WHAT IS BRAINLY
Brainly, the world's No. 1 app for homework help, is leading the AI revolution in education. The AI-powered technology, connected to Brainly’s Knowledge Base of over 250 million moderated answers, gives every student 24/7 access to personalized learning assistance, enabling them to receive verified and tailored answers to their homework and study questions. Hundreds of millions of students, parents, and educators rely on Brainly as the proven platform to accelerate understanding and learning.
Based in Kraków, Poland, with our teams located in in New York City and Barcelona among other cities, Brainly apps and websites are visited by users from over 35 countries. Brainly is backed by Prosus, Point Nine Capital, General Catalyst, Runa Capital, Learn Capital and Kulczyk Investments.
Learn more about Brainly at www.brainly.com
By sending us your application you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. will process your personal data to participate in this recruitment process. If you want to know more about how Brainly processes your personal data please click here.