Senior/mid Data Scientist, Production Engineering
NOTICE: ONLINE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
LOCATION: KRAKÓW OR REMOTELY FROM POLAND
SALARY: 26 000 - 35 000 PLN gross/monthly
Every month we are proud to be home to 300 million users around the world. Brainly’s knowledge base consists of hundreds of millions of Q&A contents in more than 12 languages and covering a broad spectrum of educational subjects at different grades.
The AI Services department represents a major investment toward the vision of implementing an AI-powered Predictive Intervention platform.
The platform will enable every student to receive tailored recommendations satisfying their current and future educational needs, and provide successful and specific learning paths.
In order to get there, we are building the fundamental pillars of our AI strategy by having dedicated teams owning different systems of our technology portfolio and in particular we are heavily investing in natural language processing technologies.
In the end, you will join one of the following teams:
The Answer Platform ML - its vision is to build the necessary systems to provide accurate, high-quality, and tailored answers to all the questions our users face in their daily educational journey.
The QA Knowledge Base - is developing a system that automatically parses and extracts information from educational resources, enriches our Brainly Q&A knowledge base, and provides curriculum-tailored solutions for generating AI answers.
The AI Research - its goal is to conduct research, feasibility studies, and develop Proof of Concepts for new potential AI initiatives.
This is a highly technical individual contributor role where you will work alongside a technical lead and other individual contributors within the team.
The team consists of Machine learning engineers and Data Scientists and you will be contributing heavily to the data science capabilities of our answering platform and state-of-the-art NLP algorithms and LLMs using python, HuggingFace transformers, PyTorch, Sagemaker and other AWS cloud services.
You will have partial ownership of the development of the models developed by the team, while the team at large has full ownership of all aspects of the model development lifecycle, from initial EDA all the way to deployment and in-production monitoring.
You will also work closely with other teams to integrate and facilitate the consumption of the deployed models.
In Brainly, individual contributors are also expected to contribute to their team’s project scoping and actively partake in stakeholder management, and communication.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiast of educational technologies with a product-oriented data science & machine learning background.
Are you able to explore data and draw conclusions?
Do you have a scientific mentality with the ability to ask the right questions and answer them?
Are you a master of solving problems in an unconventional manner?
If you answered yes to these questions, you might just be the perfect candidate for this role!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Researching and implementing novel techniques of text classification and text generation using modern approaches like LLMs
- Exploring and analyzing multi-dimensional and unstructured data in order to find patterns and relationships
- Working closely with the engineers in order to integrate models and algorithms with the larger system
- Contributing to the definition of the team roadmap and deliverables
- Effectively communicating results and storytelling with data to direct stakeholders and the company at large
- Working closely with the Director of AI and product teams to design new features or improve the functionalities and user experience of the platform
- Ensuring statistical and scientific rigor among the whole team
WHAT MAKES YOU THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
- 3+ years experience with Deep Learning models for NLP or text analytics (or alternatively similar experience in Computer Vision domain) in production, or a comparable industry career, with machine learning, data mining, or statistical modeling
- Experience solving business level problems using modern Machine Learning techniques
- Strong Python coding skills and experience writing easily maintainable code and unit tests whenever appropriate
- Deep knowledge and understanding of theoretical foundations of modern Machine Learning, specifically Deep Neural Networks, either NLP/LLMs and/or Computer vision
- Familiarity with Machine Learning frameworks such as: Tensorflow or PyTorch, AWS Sagemaker, scikit-learn, Transformers (Huggingface ecosystem)
- Knowledge of data analysis and visualization tools such as pandas, plotly, matplotlib or streamlit
- Fluency in English
WHAT WILL BLOW OUR MINDS
- Experience working with Parameter efficient finetuning of LLMs
- Experience with modern Cloud Computing (preferably AWS) or equivalent deployment and infrastructure experience
- Experience working with deployment of ML models to production
- Background and experience with cloud computing (AWS or equivalent for other cloud providers): EC2, SageMaker, S3, EKS, ECR, Lambda, Batch, StepFunctions
- Experience with modern deployment of models, for example using torchserve
- Familiarity with basics in Data Engineering: SQL and NoSQL
- Knowledge of Docker containers and deployment of models as part of the full Model lifecycle
WHAT YOU GET BY JOINING BRAINLY
- We want to see you grow along with us – you will have 800$ per year for personal development, extra time for attending conferences and workshops, and unlimited access to an online learning platform (courses from Coursera, Udacity, Udemy, Harvard ManageMentor, Busuu, and many others!)
- Health is important, which is why at Brainly, we fully cover private health & dental care packages for you and your family and provide you with a sport card (Multisport Plus
- You will also get an access to online individual psychological consultations with professionals in English, Polish & Ukrainian via the Mental Health Helpline
- Your personal concierge AskHenry will support you in your daily duties, eg. planning your dream vacation
- You can join internal communities and contribute to charity, diversity and inclusion initiatives, take part in great internal events or represent Brainly at conferences or meet-ups
- We also provide stock options
WHAT IS BRAINLY
Brainly, the world's No. 1 app for homework help, is leading the AI revolution in education. The AI-powered technology, connected to Brainly’s Knowledge Base of over 250 million moderated answers, gives every student 24/7 access to personalized learning assistance, enabling them to receive verified and tailored answers to their homework and study questions. Hundreds of millions of students, parents, and educators rely on Brainly as the proven platform to accelerate understanding and learning.
Based in Kraków, Poland, with our teams located in in New York City and Barcelona among other cities, Brainly apps and websites are visited by users from over 35 countries. Brainly is backed by Prosus, Point Nine Capital, General Catalyst, Runa Capital, Learn Capital and Kulczyk Investments.
Learn more about Brainly at www.brainly.com
By sending us your application you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. will process your personal data to participate in this recruitment process. If you want to know more about how Brainly processes your personal data please click here.