CDN Principal Support Engineer
CDN Principal Support Engineer
bunny.net is where individual imaginations gather together to solve next-generation internet challenges. Join a team of experts and, together, help shape the future of the internet. Here, you'll do more than join something — you'll add something.
We're not just saying that, but our culture really hops. We have established values that enable our fluffle to grow stronger with each new team member who joins us: Relentless Innovation. Integrity. Impact. Kindness. Diversity. Transparency & open communication. We also believe "good" is not good enough, and we continue striving to keep pushing things to the next level by learning and improving every day. Oh, and did we mention that all our positions are 100% remote with a flexible working schedule? There's no need to relocate if you would like to join us, and you can carve out your own work schedule as well!
As the Principal Support Engineer, you will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of support engineers, as well as being the highest
authority in the resolution of complex technical issues. Your technical prowess and problem-solving skills will be put to the test as you swiftly
identify and troubleshoot complex customer issues.
Your role will require a high degree of technical expertise and a deep understanding of the technology and products offered by Bunny (or relevant CDN industry experience). You will work closely with other departments, such as engineering, marketing, and sales, to ensure that our customers receive the best possible support.
Your exceptional communication skills will be crucial in managing customer expectations and guiding them through the resolution process. You will be expected to demonstrate mastery in your field, effectively communicating technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
While you will not be expected to reply to general customer support as your primary role, you will serve as a point of escalation for the internal team members. Your ability to work collaboratively with others and your excellent interpersonal skills will be essential to your success in this role.
This is a demanding role that requires versatility, adaptability, and a deep-rooted dedication to client advocacy. Each support request will present a unique challenge, providing you with a diverse and satisfying problem-solving journey.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about providing exceptional support to customers, this is the role for you.
What will you do?
- You will be responsible for providing technical guidance to the support team on complex technical issues related to Bunny services. You will also work with the team to develop and maintain support documentation, troubleshooting guides, and knowledge bases.
- Troubleshooting complex technical issues related to the CDN network, including network configuration, performance, and security.
- Monitoring and analyzing CDN network performance and availability, and taking appropriate action to resolve issues.
- Collaborating with other technical teams to resolve cross-functional issues and ensure seamless delivery of CDN services.
- Developing and implementing solutions to improve Bunny support performance and reliability.
- Staying up to date with industry trends and advancements in CDN & related technologies, making recommendations for improvements to our products.
- Documenting technical procedures and processes, contributing to the knowledge base for the support team and customers.
- Mentoring and providing guidance to junior & mid-level support engineers.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the CDN/Hosting industry
- Consistent demonstration of exceptional technical ability, covering a wide range of topics related to HTTP/CDN/VOD technologies
- Ability to debug issues using common tools such as traceroute, cURL, MTR, and other diagnostic tools
- Excellent understanding of best security practices
- A high degree of analytical and problem-solving skills
- A passion for helping people while offering a fantastic customer experience
- Fluent-level written and spoken English skills
What is in it for you?
At bunny.net, we invest in you. We want to provide significant benefits while also helping you maintain a healthy work & personal life.
- A competitive salary. You can expect above-average industry salaries.
- 100% flexible working hours. Work from anywhere, at your own schedule.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance covers you all over the world.
- Paid Time Off. Love visiting the seaside? No problem - us, too. We offer 25 days of paid vacation (plus your local public holidays on top).
- Parental Leave. Bonding with the little ones is super important, so we offer parental leave and flexible scheduling to ease your way into parenthood.
- Home Office Budget. We believe everyone is more efficient working in a comfortable office, and we're happy to help.
- Paid Sick Leave. Feeling ill? Take time off and get back to 100% without worrying about your finances.
- Mental Health Support. Feeling down? We've got your back. bunny.net provides mental health resources and help via our external partner.
- Educational Budget. Dedicated yearly learning and educational budget for books, seminars, and online courses.
- Principal CDN Support Engineer
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
bunny.net is a leading provider of content delivery solutions. Our services include CDN, DDoS protection, and video streaming. We help businesses of all sizes optimize their online presence, delivering content quickly and securely to users worldwide. With advanced technologies and a global network, we accelerate web performance and enhance user experiences.
We are committed to providing efficient content delivery solutions that help businesses thrive in the ever-evolving digital landscape.