Senior Data Engineer
OfficeRnD has one mission - making flexible and hybrid working a norm rather than an option!
We started building our SaaS platform back in 2015 to support the future of work. We believe that having freedom and flexibility is the way to provide better workspace experience. And that’s what enables us to develop products that matter - for our customers and for the world.
The company has offices in Bulgaria, USA, UK, Australia and our teammates are the ones getting us to the top in our market niche.
So if you live and breathe technology as well, come and join us!
About the role
It’s an exciting time to be working in data. The opportunity for the data team to make an impact is huge.
What’s unique about this role?
Being a Data Engineer in OfficeRnD is an exciting opportunity. You will oversee the ingestion, transformation, delivery, and movement of data throughout every part of an organization. Also, will be responsible for the technical management of the analytics infrastructure and tooling.
The engineer is a key part in the team developing analytics as a product. Our analytics product is reaching thousands of users and supporting them to make data-driven decisions for their day-to-day business operations.
With whom you will work?
Our day-to-day interactions are mainly with the data analysts and dev team, working on improvement and expansion of our data models. In maintaining and optimizing our data infrastructure will be in touch with the DevOps team.
Tools you will use?
We are investing in a modern data infrastructure and using one of the best tech stack in the world.
- Snowflake – one of the top-notch Data Cloud platforms in which we store and access our structured, semistructured, and unstructured data to gain seamless access with great scale and speed.
- Fivetran - the trusted platform that extracts, loads and transforms the world's data, used from startups to the Fortune 500
- DBT – our data transformation layer. It’s an intuitive, collaborative platform that lets you reliably transform data using SQL and Python code
- Sisense - leading cloud analytics platform that embeds analytics within a host app
What you’ll do
- You will develop and maintain the different data pipelines in order to ensure the quality and accuracy of our product analytics, as well as build datasets for reports and visualizations for internal use and for customers;
- Explore and implement data and technology best practices, guidelines, and repeatable processes in building pipelines, logical data models and pre-aggregated analytics data sets;
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources - both internal and external;
- Proactively identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
What you need to succeed
- Experience with feature engineering and data pipelines using Python, SQL and similar tools;
- Experience with software engineering tools, e.g., git, CI/CD environment, PyPi, Docker, Kubernetes;
- Experience in data acquisition (API calls/FTP downloads), ETL, transformation / normalization (from raw to DB table schema structure), storage (Raw files, Database server), distribution & access (Entitlements for users, build of API’s and access points for data);
- Solid knowledge of data warehousing platforms (Snowflake, Redshift, Bigquery, etc) including data transformation (dbt), data model design and query optimization strategies;
- Experience in data management – clean and commented code, version control, documentation, automated testing and deployment etc;
- Familiar with the design and optimization of databases or data warehouses - including handling and logging errors, system monitoring;
- Fluency in English – both written and spoken.
Experience with the following would be a plus
- Embedded analytics tools like SiSense and Looker;
- Strong experience in business and data analytics, ideally in the SaaS industry;
- Experience with pipelines orchestration using Fivetran and DBT;
- Hands-on experience of machine learning algorithms such as random forest, support vector machines, gradient boosting, Naïve Bayes, etc. and neural net/deep learning algorithm.
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team in one of the best-funded startups in the country, and also enjoy:
- Premium health insurance incl. dental;
- 25 days off a year;
- 1 additional day off for your birthday;
- 3 days off for volunteering;
- Full remuneration of your first 3 days of sick leave;
- Flexible start and end of the working day and hybrid working mode, including a combination of remote and on site;
- A fantastic work hard/play hard start-up environment - we have numerous social events and team outings :);
- Take part in many sports activities and enjoy a co-funded MultiSport card;
- Opportunity to join one of the best funded startups in the country;
- Opportunity to work in Bulgaria’s top tech incubator/coworking space – Campus X.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, we would be happy to talk soon! Apply now!