Financial Crimes Associate - Hybrid (Princeton or Miami)
Accounting & Finance
New Jersey, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2023
Oxygen is a modern financial platform designed for the 21st-century economy, tailored to meet the unique needs of today's consumers and small businesses (freelancers, solopreneurs and modern SMBs). We believe beauty lies in simplicity, from design to utility, and build our ever-growing product suite with this in mind. And we’re just getting started. At Oxygen, we’re focused on lifting up those who dare to push boundaries and redefine what's possible by delivering on our promise to be a more fair financial partner. The next generation building the future is writing their own rules and shattering expectations. So are we. For those who reject the status quo, welcome to Banking for the Extraordinary. Let's create the future!
Oxygen's FIU supports various AML processes, including transaction monitoring alert/case investigations, Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) reviews of high-risk customers, information sharing, law enforcement requests, Fintech peer networking, and Unusual Activity Reporting (UAR) filings with our banking partner, The Bancorp Bank.
The Financial Crimes Associate is a first line role. This individual will conduct targeted investigations for both business and consumer accounts to identify patterns and trends indicative of money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud, cyber (dark web) crime, foreign transactions, ACH fraud, unemployment / SBA fraud, and other potential violations of laws and regulations.
This role has the potential to lead Oxygen’s internal and outsourced Fraud Operations Team. It will involve some project-based work, collaborating with stakeholders across Risk, Operations, Compliance, Product, Fraud, and Engineering teams. Your responsibilities will include uncovering trends or patterns of fraud abuse to ensure risks are appropriately mitigated.
If you're not afraid of new challenges, possess a balanced approach to investigations, are passionate about safeguarding the financial sector, and are dedicated to protecting Oxygen and its customers, we want to hear from you! If you're seeking a ground-floor (first FIU employee) opportunity with a Series B digital bank, look no further.
- Review transaction monitoring & surveillance alerts, conduct case investigations, block high risk transactions, monitor 15+ queues, return funds to source, investigate unusual device logins, DDOS attack analysis, freeze funds, direct communication with fraudsters / fraud victims / law enforcement and recommend changes to our dynamic fraud score, work with offshore Fraud / BSA / AML first line teams.
- Gather feedback and recommendations and translate them into business requirements to improve Oxygen’s AML program effectiveness
- Work with Oxygen's offshore CS team and outsourced dispute team
- Worked at other FinTech's with prior experience in BSA/AML regulations, Fraud / Risk OPS, payments and Financial Crime Compliance
- 3+ years of prior transaction monitoring & surveillance investigations experience in anti-money laundering (AML), counter-terrorism, anti- bribery, and/or anti-fraud experience
- 3+ years of experience working as an intelligence analyst or in counter threat finance in the DoD, IC, LE or supporting communities
- Experience reviewing alerts, conducting case investigations, and drafting/filing Unusual Activity Reports (UARs), Suspicious Activity Reports (SARS) or Currency Transactions Reports (CTR's)
- CFE and CAMS Certifications
- Risk based decision making
- Ability to prioritize work flows and ensure deadlines are met
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills
Nice to have:
- The ability to spot patterns, gather data and articulate findings in a concise meaningful summary
- Proficiency with G-Suite and Slack
- Demonstrates a strong sense of ownership and thought-leadership
- Familiarity with how to read, write and diagnose SQL queries
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Equity in a high growth Fintech startup.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance and HSA.
- Paid time off, sick leaves, paid maternal leave, and paid paternal leave.
- 401(K) and retirement planning.
- A great startup in banking with proven growth potential.
- Lots of autonomy and massive career growth opportunities for the go getters.