Online Community Manager
Marketing & Communications
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
Oxygen is a modern financial platform designed for the 21st-century economy, tailored to meet the unique needs of today's consumers and small businesses (freelancers, solopreneurs and modern SMBs). We believe beauty lies in simplicity, from design to utility, and build our ever-growing product suite with this in mind. And we’re just getting started. At Oxygen, we’re focused on lifting up those who dare to push boundaries and redefine what's possible by delivering on our promise to be a more fair financial partner. The next generation building the future is writing their own rules and shattering expectations. So are we. For those who reject the status quo, welcome to Banking for the Extraordinary. Let's create the future!
The Online Community Manager is responsible for fostering and nurturing an engaged online community around our brand or organization. They will create and implement strategies to connect with the target audience, build relationships, and promote positive interactions.
- Develop and execute engagement strategies to build a vibrant and active online community.
- Monitor and respond to community members' comments, questions, and concerns.
- Encourage user-generated content and discussions that align with the brand's values and objectives.
- Create relevant and engaging content such as blog posts, articles, videos, infographics, and more.
- Curate user-generated content and share it within the community.
- Ensure content is informative, entertaining, and aligns with the community's interests.
- Implement tactics to grow the online community by attracting new members and increasing engagement.
- Collaborate with marketing and PR teams to promote the community and attract new members.
- Monitor discussions and enforce community guidelines and rules.
- Address inappropriate or harmful content promptly and diplomatically.
- Track key performance metrics, such as engagement levels, member growth, and sentiment.
- Provide regular reports and insights to measure the community's impact on the brand.
- Identify and nurture community advocates who can positively represent the brand and its values.
- Encourage and empower members to become brand advocates.
- Collaborate with marketing, customer support, and product teams to gather insights from the community and provide input into decision-making processes.
Content Creation and Curation
Moderation and Enforcement
Analytics and Reporting
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- Proven experience in community management, social media management, or a related role.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in social media platforms and community management tools.
- Solid B2B experience
- Understanding of branding, marketing, and online trends.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution abilities.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
Compensation & Benefits
- The final compensation package for this role will be determined during the interview process and is based on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, geographic location, internal equity, education, skill set, experience and training.
- Oxygen also offers comprehensive benefits, including stock options, medical, dental, and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits, a retirement plan, flex time off, paid parental leave, employer paid disability coverage, and additional health and wellbeing perks and benefits. Oxygen reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits at any time.
- Not sure you qualify? Don’t meet every single requirement? At Oxygen we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
- Oxygen provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.