Product Manager, Payments
Princeton, NJ, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2023
Oxygen is a modern financial platform designed for the 21st century economy - the digital-natives looking for a banking partner that understands how they live and work - providing a seamless user experience for both personal and business accounts in a way that makes them feel in their element. Available on iOS and Android, Oxygen users enjoy no monthly fees, no paperwork, early direct deposit, simple transfers, and cashback rewards on everyday purchases from approved merchants. Businesses can easily control their finances with integrated expense management and invoicing solutions that are elegant, simple and secure. Reject ordinary. Banking for the extraordinary, from Oxygen.
We’re looking for a smart and motivated individual to help us build our payments solution that enables Oxygen’s customers to move their money. As Product Manager you will be responsible for maximizing the value of our products and the work of the engineering teams. You are accountable for answering the questions: 1) What products and features should we build and why; and 2) How do we deliver these products and features to market?
You will join the Product Team, reporting to the VP of Product and you’ll be responsible for leading an agile team.
You are responsible for the end-to-end product development process: ideation, planning, execution & adoption.
Develop a Product Strategy & Roadmap:
- Conduct deep research of the market, competitors, customer trends & technology to inform strategy
- Develop business cases for potential products improvements
- Sequence new features and product improvements in a Roadmap
Generate, maintain & prioritize the Product Backlog:
- Identify real customer problems to be solved through ideation and turn them into a product backlog
- Gather detailed requirements relating to new features & products and generate artifacts developers need: e.g. user stories, process maps and detailed workflows
- Refine the Product Backlog by ensuring each user story has acceptance criteria
Drive the delivery of the Product Backlog:
- Deliver the specification of projects needed to ship new features & products
- Participate in all agile ceremonies: standups, planning, reviews & retrospectives
- Facilitate discussions across the agile delivery team to ensure problems are solved and blockers unblocked
- Communicate performance
- Project management
Manage cross functional stakeholders: customers, developers, marketing, operations & compliance:
- Collaborate with customers & colleagues, including facilitating workshops, to develop new ideas for features & products
- Prioritize features & products based on customer, commercial & strategic value
- Communicate performance of products to stakeholders
- Drive adoption of new products working closely with marketing and customer success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technology, Business, Marketing, or relevant field
- 3+ years proven experience in Product Management, preferably in Fintech or tech start-up
- Demonstrable success in delivering product features while working with agile frameworks
- Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter who can deal with ambiguity and takes ownership for getting things done
- Team player comfortable working in a high growth start-up firm
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, fostering cooperation and alignment across teams along with great communication skills
- Excellent time management skills; Ability to react and respond to the critical demands of the department with competing deadlines
- Excellent technical skills must be able to use both PC and Mac operating systems and proficient in google suite products, data analysis and internet technologies
- Have experience in hyper-growth, start-up environment
- Show an appreciation for nuance and a desire to build consensus in a diverse and multicultural environment
Compensation and Benefits:
The final compensation package for this role will be determined during the interview process and is based on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, geographic location, internal equity, education, skill set, experience and training.
Oxygen also offers comprehensive benefits, including stock options, medical, dental, and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits, a retirement plan, flex time off, paid parental leave, employer paid disability coverage, and additional health and wellbeing perks and benefits. Oxygen reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits at any time.
Not sure you qualify?
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Oxygen we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Oxygen provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.