Senior Frontend Developer (Small and Medium Business Technological Platform)
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2023
Oxygen is a modern financial platform designed for the 21st-century economy, tailored to meet the unique needs of today's consumers and small businesses (freelancers, solopreneurs and modern SMBs). We believe beauty lies in simplicity, from design to utility, and build our ever-growing product suite with this in mind. And we’re just getting started. At Oxygen, we’re focused on lifting up those who dare to push boundaries and redefine what's possible by delivering on our promise to be a more fair financial partner. The next generation building the future is writing their own rules and shattering expectations. So are we. For those who reject the status quo, welcome to Banking for the Extraordinary. Let's create the future!
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Developer to join the team of a Small and Medium Business Technological Platform. The team will work closely with users coming to us though web and mobile applications. Our purpose is analyzing and collecting metrics of users engagement, retention and activity, etc. to effectively work with users, understand their needs and offer them product and processes they want to achieve their goals.
What you'll do:
- Develop high-performing websites and web applications, including building and implementing front end (interfaces, web-based tools) solutions;
- Consult with stakeholders and/or product managers to review existing and develop new functionality;
- Develop data structures, web tools and programs while taking into consideration multi-browser and mobile compatibility and performance;
- Document website and web application development efforts (changes, new functionality,issue/problem resolution);
- Perform quality assurance checks, and fix bugs accordingly;
- Ensure that all protocols and tools used in the development and maintenance of websites are up-to-date and compliant;
- 4+ years experience with React.js and its core principles;
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux);
- Strong experience with side effect libraries (e.g. redux-saga, redux-thunk);
- Experience with code versioning tools such as Git;
- Experience with CI/CD Strong understanding of REST/GraphQL;
- Familiarity with front-end build pipelines and tools;
- Strong understanding of front-end and server side architecture and performance principles;
- Strong experience in identifying and resolving root causes of software defects;
- Full-stack (including Python) experience is a plus;
- English B2 (Upper-intermediate/Advanced).
Compensation and benefits:
- A competitive salary in Euro currency and participation in the Stock Option long-term program for employees;
- Health insurance;
- English courses, so we are on the same page;
- We cover the relocation needs for you and your family, including: Relocation legal documents: work permit (ARC and Pink Slip); translation/apostille expenses; Visa or entry permit; Courier and medical test expenses; An economy flight out of your current location to Cyprus; A local apartment for 14 days upon arrival in Limassol.
Not sure you qualify?
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Oxygen we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Oxygen provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.