Senior Data Engineer
Procurify is the leading all-in-one spend management solution that helps mission-driven organizations deliver tracking, accountability, and end-to-end workflows for expenses and spending. It’s our goal to unlock the financial potential of our customers so they can create a greater positive impact in society.
We’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team of humble “misfits that fit”.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Procurify is looking for an engaged and curious person who is passionate about technology. Everyone at Procurify is a team player. We’re seeking entrepreneurial people who are willing to challenge the status quo and contribute to larger strategic objectives.
What you’ll be working on
- Learn and work with the best tech stack you could ask for. Our product and engineering teams work with:
- Amazon S3/Kinesis/AWS DMS
- Amazon Aurora/RDS/MySQL
- Design, create, evolve, and maintain scalable and efficient data pipelines, dashboards, model deployment, and model monitoring frameworks
- Manage ETL/ELT activities supporting workloads including ad-hoc analysis, visualizations, observability and operational monitoring, data privacy and security, data governance, etc.
- Partner across Product and Engineering teams on new reporting and data requirements to create product capabilities that fundamentally rely on data models
- Leverage experimental and ad-hoc data-driven models, prototypes, and visualizations for rapid feasibility assessment and product roadmap planning
- Drive conversations within Engineering to improve and optimize the source data models, including those in our product platform
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements, including automation for data quality control and data validation, improved data delivery, and scalability
Who we’re looking for
- 5+ years in a Software Engineer role, including 2+ years experience in a Data Engineer role
- Expertise with ETL/ELT tools, Data Lakehouse tech (Databricks, Photon, Apache Spark, Hive, Parquet), and Visualization Platforms (Tableau, Thoughtspot)
- Experience with Databricks is highly desired
- Advanced SQL knowledge and strong experience working with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (dynamoDB, MongoDB)
- Experience building data pipelines for both structured and unstructured data sources, able to train and guide other team members to do the same
- Skilled at building processes that map, produce, transform, and test new data feeds for data owners and consumers, selecting the most appropriate tools and technologies
- Strong understanding of Data Science concepts, able to partner with and support team members who need to use data to predict trends, glean insights on business drivers, and answer questions that are relevant to the organization
- Comfortable leading by example and using influence to drive collaboration, documentation, and knowledge sharing across teams and with a broad range of stakeholders
- Actively mentoring and leveling up developers within the team you’re on and extending across engineering teams
- Able to demonstrate initiative, work independently, and thrive with autonomy while collaborating across teams in a culture of priority setting and moving forward with urgency in alignment with our organizational strategy
- Adept at focusing on multiple competing priorities, solving unique and complex technical problems, and persistently resolving blockers to progress
- Familiar with DevOps principles such as design for manageability and root cause analysis
- Familiar working within leading software development best practices such as scrum/kanban, CI/CD, and test automation
We’re committed to helping mission-driven organizations spend smarter
We empower mission-driven organizations around the world – across industries like biotechnology, education, health care, manufacturing, and software – to achieve their goals by making their money go further.
Money is complicated, managing it shouldn’t be. We make spend management smart and simple.
You’re empowered to do your best work
We’ve created an environment where personal and professional growth is a real priority. Some of the great perks we offer include:
- Flexible working: We’re a remote-first organization with flexible working hours. Work anywhere from within Canada!
- Four-day workweek: Burnout is real. To help you restore balance between work and life, all Procurify team members work four days a week.
- Unlimited responsible time off: Work hard, play harder. All team members can take advantage of our unlimited responsible time off policy.
- Extended health benefits: Massage appointments, dental coverage, counseling… You name it, our extended health benefits program likely covers it. Take advantage and become the best version of yourself.
- Community initiatives: We have a strong commitment to community. Join one of our regular community days, donate to our Donate Your Day program, and get involved with one of our lunch and learns.
- Stock options: Everyone has a chance to own a part of Procurify!
- DEI initiatives: We regularly run a diversity, equity, and inclusion roundtable where we host guest speakers and tackle the topics that matter.
We have an amazing team
We’ve welcomed team members who were boat captains, funeral directors, swing dancers, competitive gamers, plumbers, and novelists. Everyone has a story and we’re here to embrace them!
Procurify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any team members or applicants for employment because of race, color, disability, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or gender identity and/or expression.
If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role, we encourage you to apply anyway. We know that feelings of imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting incredible candidates, and we certainly don’t want those feelings to get in the way of meeting you! We really want to get to know you and why you're great for the role. Please avoid including your picture and age on your resume.
Apply online today and let’s start a conversation.
To find out more about Procurify, check these resources out: