Technical Support Engineer
IT, Customer Service
Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
At Rollbar, our mission is to help developers build software quickly and painlessly. We are a ~40-person team based in San Francisco, Barcelona, and Budapest.
Over 100,000 developers use our product to innovate faster and decrease time to market while maintaining the best-in-class customer experience. Rollbar is used by some of the best engineering teams in the world, including Twilio, Salesforce and Twitch.
Customer Success works with a best-of-breed product that helps companies roll out mission-critical applications and reduces the time to market by proactively identifying and fixing bugs & errors. We follow a proven methodology to identify the customer's unique needs and clearly communicate the value of the Rollbar products. This is an opportunity for you to work for a fast-paced, SaaS company with over 5,000 customers. Rollbar is dedicated to helping you achieve your personal and professional goals.
We are looking for people with the right mix of technical knowledge, communication skills, and empathy to thrive on our customer support team. In this role you will assist our users with any issues or questions they encounter while using the Rollbar platform or SDKs. These questions vary in complexity and could be technically challenging. The Technical Support Team is a cross-functional team and we offer many paths to grow throughout our company.
Our support stack:
- Zendesk, Shortcut, Slack, Stripe, Mailgun, Periscope, & Github
Our tech stack:
- React, Webpack
- Python, Node.js, Scala, Spark
- MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, Memcache
- Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, Consul, CircleCI, Rollbar
- Support our users by responding to inquiries and solving their technical problems.
- Escalate issues to our senior support engineers, engineering, and product teams.
- Create and update internal and external documentation.
- This includes troubleshooting steps, workarounds, or best practices.
- Become a product expert for customers and stay up to date on new Rollbar features.
- Work closely with the sales or success teams on technical escalations to help grow opportunities in new and existing accounts.
- 2+ years in a customer-facing technical role
- Technical degree or equivalent work experience
- A customer-oriented mindset with a high degree of empathy
- An affinity for being the first line of support and troubleshooting issues
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- A focus on continuous improvement and the ability to welcome feedback
- Comfortable coding in Python, Ruby, or Node.js
- Experience using APIs & webhooks
- Excited to learn new languages and frameworks
Benefits and Perks
- Rapid career growth opportunities
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave - 12 weeks
- Generous hardware and software allowance
- Remote work environment
- Inclusive team-oriented culture
- Have fun while making an impact.
- Position is remote in the following USA States: California, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington.
- Salary range: $95,000 to $120,000 depending on experience.
See more open positions at Rollbar
Something looks off?