Engineering Manager - Infrastructure
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Thursday, August 3, 2023
At Rollbar, our mission is to help developers build software quickly and painlessly. We are a ~40 person team based in San Francisco, Spain, and Hungary.
Over 100,000 developers and 5,000 customers use our product to innovate faster and decrease time to market while maintaining best-in-class customer experience. Rollbar is used by some of the best engineering teams in the world, including Twilio, Affirm and Shipt.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager for our Infrastructure that wants to join a motivated, high-performing, and product-minded engineering team! A successful candidate will lead a team and contribute to our growing infrastructure and architecture, ensuring the stability of our platform delivering real-time insights from error data and development-related data generated by thousands of applications.
- Manage and coach a group of senior SREs and developers working on Rollbar’s architecture
- Help guide the technical direction of our infrastructure and architecture
- Work with other engineering managers to drive company outcomes
- 2+ years of experience managing high-output engineering teams
- 5+ years of experience with relational databases and SQL
- 2+ years of experience with Kafka
- 2+ years of experience with Google Cloud Platform, AWS, or Azure
- 2+ years of experience with Kubernetes, Docker, or similar container technologies
- 1+ years of experience with observability tools like Prometheus, Grafana, or DataDog
- 1+ years of experience with Terraform, Ansible, or similar Infrastructure as Code tools
- Proficient in scripting using shell/bash, Python, Ruby, or an equivalent commonly used scripting language
- Experience with data storage technology like ElasticSearch, Redis, Memcache, ClickHouse
- Familiarity with GitOps, GitHub Actions, CI/CD platforms
- Experience with any of the following: Beanstalkd, Zookeeper, Hashicorp Consul, Hashicorp Vault
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 12 weeks of parental leaveGenerous hardware, software, and home office set-up allowance
- Fully-remote work environment
- Inclusive, team-oriented culture
- Work on a highly scalable infrastructure and make an impact
Position is remote in the following USA States: California, Florida, Michigan, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, Washington.
Salary range: $200,000-$250,000 /year, depending on experience.