Senior Full Stack Engineer (f/m/d) - React & Golang
We are smava – the online credit comparison platform. We make loans transparent, fair and affordable! With more than 300.000 satisfied customers, we are one of the biggest FinTech companies in Germany. Become now part of our vision to shape the digital future of the consumer loan market!
Our Development teams are spread along the customer journey, each one being entirely responsible for their platform sections and related technical services. They work autonomously with flat hierarchies, practicing self-organization and lateral leadership. This empowers all members to share responsibility and decisions, fostering a strong sense of ownership.
YOUR NEW TEAM
Our Offer & Checkout team is in charge of the last stages of the customer journey on our website. Its importance is constantly increasing in line with our heavy focus on feature digitalisation as the base for some of our key products, as well as main efforts to push customer conversion.
THE TEAM’S CURRENT PROJECTS
Here are some examples of projects you could potentially work on with us.
On the backend side:
- Lead an initiative to implement metrics and proper alerting across the domain to monitor service health, performance, and other critical parameters.
- Develop new and consolidate multiple backend services from our Checkout, Offers and Digitization domain to streamline operations and ensure efficient maintenance.
On the frontend side:
- Collaborate with design and product teams to build and optimize user-facing features.
- Support efforts in decreasing code duplication across frontend repositories by utilizing shared libraries.
Infrastructure and deployment:
- Collaborate to transition CI Pipelines from Jenkins to Github Actions, aiming for operational excellence and cost optimisation.
- Take part in infrastructural tasks, such as deploying and managing AWS Lambdas.
On top of this, you will actively contribute to the team’s strategy and tech roadmap.
- You are proficient with React and Golang, bringing several years of professional experience with each.
- Experience with Node.js is a big plus.
- You bring hands-on experience with AWS, particularly on services related to backend deployments such as Lambda. Familiarity with Terraform (IaC) is a strong plus.
- Proactive attitude as well as willingness to take over responsibilities and ownership while working in a highly collaborative environment.
- You have worked in agile environments in the past; ideally in both mature tech organizations with cross-team collaboration as well as startup-like environments with flat hierarchies.
- Experience with Kubernetes and CI tools, especially transitioning or maintaining pipelines
- Familiarity with tracking and A/B testing
- Experience within the banking domain
WHAT WE OFFER
- An open and dynamic working environment with a diverse and multicultural team composed of more than 50 nationalities..
- Internal career programs, further training opportunities & German language courses
- A modern office located at the center of the city and with fully equipped facilities, including a rooftop and relax spaces!
- With smunch you get your subsidized lunch delivered to the office
- For your relaxation there are 30 days of vacation. Parents benefit from 10 additional child-sick-days
- For your physical and mental health, we offer sponsorships for different sport centers as well as online meditation courses.
- We support social projects and cover part of the costs of your public transportation ticket in Berlin/Hamburg so you can travel in an environmentally conscious way!
- A subsidized company pension plan
Then apply online in just 2 minutes via the application button. Simply upload your CV (preferably as a PDF file) and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
All applications are accepted exclusively via the application form.
Contact: Daria Nechaieva
At smava we celebrate diversity and stand for an environment that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We're committed to equal employment and development opportunities regardless of gender identity or expression, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, culture or place of origin.
Do you want to learn more about us?
Visit our career page: www.smava.de/jobs/en