Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2023
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We started our journey back in 2005, building the first ever peer-to-peer lending company. Fast forward to 2020 and we launched Zopa Bank. A bank that listens to what our customers don’t like about finance and does the opposite. We’re redefining what it feels like to work in finance. Our vision for a new era of banking puts people front and centre — we’ve built a business that empowers everyone to aim high, every day, to move finance forward. Find out more about our fantastic offerings at Zopa.com!
We’re incredibly proud of our achievements and none of it would be possible without the amazing team here. It’s not just industry awards we’re winning, we’ve also been named in the top three UK’s Most Loved Workplaces.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa, so join us, and make it count. Want to see us in action? Follow us on Instagram @zopalife
At Zopa, our Software Engineering Managers play a key role in the success of our business and the effectiveness of our Engineers. They are passionate about developing people and nurturing them as engineers to build great things. You will manage a team of engineers working on building the platforms and systems that power compelling products for our customers. As a manager, you will be responsible for ensuring your team are engaged and performing as effectively as possible. To do this you will collaborate with Product and other stakeholders as part of strategic planning; as well as have a good heads-up view of the challenges coming and be responsible for capacity planning, performance management and community building to maximize our ability to meet them.
- Leading a cross functional team to help deliver high quality systems and products
- Responsible for the day-to-day management, career development and well-being of a group of engineers
- Partnering closely with our Senior and Lead Engineers to help define technical strategy
- You will collaborate closely with Product Owners, Analysts and other stakeholders to ensure we are building the right things in the right way
- Driving quality across all stages of the SDLC to ensure quality is central to building software
- Working alongside engineering leadership to improve the technical environment
- Providing technical guidance and mentorship to your team and creating L&D opportunities
- Working alongside Delivery to champion and Agile way of working
- Passionate about creating impact through empowering others and believe in supportive and humble leadership.
- Self-driven, ambitious and results focused. You chart a path for others rather than follow one.
- Passionate about technology and using it as a tool to provide great customer experiences.
- Consider quality as a first class concern and have a proven background in improving quality in previous roles.
- Experienced building, running and supporting complex systems in production.
- Proven people management skills and are experienced in supporting Software Engineers’ personal and career development.
- Enjoy owning and solving problems. You can create structure out of ambiguity, think about problems holistically and can drive an agenda while juggling multiple demands.
- You are empathetic with strong relationship building skills and can communicate clearly and succinctly across a broad range of stakeholders throughout the software development process, managing expectations as you go.
Flexible working? Yes please!
At Zopa we value flexible ways of working. We understand the benefits of face-to-face collaboration and the importance of a good work life balance. Our teams work in a hybrid manner from our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office and the comfort of their own homes at a frequency that suits the team and the work they do.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to better products for our customers and a unique company culture for our people. We are made up of nearly 50 nationalities, have a DE&I forum made up of Zopians wanting to make a difference and we are proud of our culture where everyone can bring their full self to work. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.