Senior Product Analyst - Savings
Posted on Wednesday, April 5, 2023
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We began our journey in 2005 with the drive to deliver customer-first financial products. Fast forward to 2020, we shifted gears and became a digital bank, leveraging our customer knowledge, money expertise and technical agility to forge ahead. Our diverse team is united by a mission to create simple, fair and honest financial products that have the customers’ needs at their heart.
We’re regularly recognised at industry awards for our game-changing products and are proud to be one of the market leaders in consumer lending in the UK. But our work doesn’t stop there.
After securing £220 million in our 2021 funding round led by SoftBank, we’ve entered the next stage in our journey. So far, we’ve lent out over £8 billion and made money work better for over half a million people across the UK who were looking to borrow or save with us. In less than 2 years after becoming a bank, we hit £2 billion in customer deposits and we’re also a top 5 credit card issuer in the UK. And this is just the beginning.
We’re set on achieving big things with ambitious growth targets to match. This means there's a range of opportunities for you to excel and develop through a career at Zopa, while building better banking products that truly matter to our customers.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa. For a closer look at our culture, check out our latest video here. And if you want to join us, have a look at our current open roles!
At Zopa, analysts are the people that inspire ideas and strategies to drive our business forward and make our products better for customers. They’re a rare mix of creative problem solvers who are analytical by nature and confident in using data to drive key business decisions.
Our new Senior Product Analyst opportunity is part of our Savings Tribe responsible for Zopa’s flagship Smart Saver app and our Award-winning Fixed Term Savings Products. The Savings squad owns our savings products and collaborates with many teams across the business whose central services are used by savings (e.g., Operations, Payments, Treasury).
With over £3bn of savings and large growth predicted over the next few years we need a data driven Senior Product Analyst to generate insight and review opportunities for growing our products, identify areas we can streamline our processes and advise internal teams relying on our data.
With the team focusing on two of Zopa’s key growth initiatives this year there is huge opportunity for real career defining impact!
A day in the life:
- Generating key insight from data and using this insight to drive decision making – this will be across product development, pricing, risk, and management reporting
- Modelling the impact of potential and recently launched features on customer satisfaction and financial outcomes
- Problem solving together with software engineers, product designers and our operational teams to build the best possible customer experiences
- Working on growth initiatives, monitoring key metrics, identifying improvement opportunities and proposing solutions
- Working on technical initiatives, building an understanding of the system and key integrations with other teams
- Reviewing our backlog of initiatives to ensure we’re prioritising our time on the work that can drive the most customer and business value
- Assisting our internal users with common queries and suggesting new ways to optimise our internal processes to enhance our customer experience
- Approximately 4 years of experience in a Data Analyst position in a fast paced environment (e.g. start-up, banking, consulting) - Savings knowledge and experience highly advantageous but not essential
- You're analytical by nature with excellent attention for detail
- You're a natural at turning data into insight that drives key decision making. If you’ve got previous experience using SQL or Python to analyse data, even better.
- You can communicate your insights succinctly and influence key stakeholders across the business
- You treat others with respect but you’re not afraid to challenge them sensitively.
- You are empathetic. You do the right thing for customers, even if it’s the more challenging option.
- You’re a self-starter. You know when to ask for support and you’re not shy about doing so, but you don’t wait to be told what to do.
- You don’t define yourself narrowly. You roll up your sleeves and jump in where help is required, and you’re always looking to learn.
Flexible working? Yes please!
Whether you want to come into our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office or work from the comfort of your own home (or both!), you’ll be able to decide on an approach with your manager, looking at what works best for you, your role and your team.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.
See more open positions at Zopa
Something looks off?