Operations Support Specialist - Underwriting (hybrid)
Customer Service, Operations
Posted on Friday, September 1, 2023
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We started our journey back in 2005, building the first ever peer-to-peer lending company. Fast forward to 2020 and we launched Zopa Bank. A bank that listens to what our customers don’t like about finance and does the opposite. We’re redefining what it feels like to work in finance. Our vision for a new era of banking puts people front and centre — we’ve built a business that empowers everyone to aim high, every day, to move finance forward. Find out more about our fantastic offerings at Zopa.com!
We’re incredibly proud of our achievements and none of it would be possible without the amazing team here. It’s not just industry awards we’re winning, we’ve also been named in the top three UK’s Most Loved Workplaces.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa, so join us, and make it count. Want to see us in action? Follow us on Instagram @zopalife
We are seeking an experienced Operations Specialist with a strong Underwriting background to join our Customer Operations Support team within the UK Operations function at Zopa.
As an Operational Support Specialist, you will play a crucial role in optimizing, standardizing, and supporting lending processes while providing exceptional customer service. This position requires a keen eye for detail, strong analytical skills, and the ability to make informed decisions in compliance with regulatory requirements. Initial focus for this role will be in the Underwriting part of this team, but there is future scope to learn other areas of the department and broaden your skillset that supports a wider pool of customers.
The weekly working pattern for this role is Monday - Friday - 09:00 - 17:30 .
This is a hybrid role - the team work in the office every Thursday.
A day in the life:
- Conduct thorough application screening and review processes for lending products, ensuring adherence to company procedures and service level agreements
- Process payment transactions accurately and efficiently
- Handle document processing and verification to meet data protection requirements
- Utilize credit reference agency information and extensive data to support underwriting decisions
- Collaborate with internal teams to support seamless end-to-end processes
- Demonstrate understanding of the regulatory framework relevant to lending operations and implement effective risk management practices
- Balancing and prioritizing your workload in a fast-paced environment to meet team targets and operational objectives
- Adhering to departmental standards and producing high-quality work consistently
- Participating in continuous learning to stay abreast of changes in processes and regulations
- Undertaking ad-hoc back-office administrative duties to support customer needs and business requirements.
- Prior experience in underwriting or lending operations within the UK banking sector
- Strong customer service orientation and commitment to delivering an excellent customer experience
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Demonstrated initiative, proactive problem-solving skills, and forward-thinking abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of numeracy and literacy skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Familiarity with relevant regulatory frameworks and compliance requirements
- Join our team of dedicated professionals and contribute to our mission of streamlining lending processes while providing exceptional service to our valued customers. Apply now and be a part of our ever evolving and regulated environment!
Flexible working? Yes please!
At Zopa we value flexible ways of working. We understand the benefits of face-to-face collaboration and the importance of a good work life balance. Our teams work in a hybrid manner from our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office and the comfort of their own homes at a frequency that suits the team and the work they do.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to better products for our customers and a unique company culture for our people. We are made up of nearly 50 nationalities, have a DE&I forum made up of Zopians wanting to make a difference and we are proud of our culture where everyone can bring their full self to work. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.