Operations Training Manager
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We started our journey back in 2005, building the first ever peer-to-peer lending company. Fast forward to 2020 and we launched Zopa Bank. A bank that listens to what our customers don’t like about finance and does the opposite. We’re redefining what it feels like to work in finance. Our vision for a new era of banking puts people front and centre — we’ve built a business that empowers everyone to aim high, every day, to move finance forward. Find out more about our fantastic offerings at Zopa.com!
We’re incredibly proud of our achievements and none of it would be possible without the amazing team here. It’s not just industry awards we’re winning, we’ve also been named in the top three UK’s Most Loved Workplaces.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa, so join us, and make it count. Want to see us in action? Follow us on Instagram @zopalife
With our customer base rapidly increasing and our product offerings and services growing over time, we have an exciting opportunity for a Training Manager to join our in-house Operations Training and Development Team. Reporting directly to our Head of Training & Knowledge, you will be working with and managing a small team of T&D Specialists to design and deliver engaging training that will equip our team members, both onshore and offshore, with the necessary knowledge, skills, and tools to perform their jobs effectively and provide exceptional customer service.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing and rolling out training programs to existing and new Zopians in Customer Operations. This could include induction programs, workshops, or interactive online learning. You will also work with the Head of Training & Knowledge to define the training strategy and roadmap for Zopa.
This challenge will suit someone who is genuinely passionate about enabling Zopa to reach its ambitious goals through its people and who wants to help embed our strong customer-focused culture and values.
A day in the life:
- Training Program Development: Collaborate with subject matter experts to design and develop training programs, ensuring they align with the project goals and meet the identified needs. These programs will cover areas such as financial products, regulations, compliance and customer service
- Content Creation: Create training material, including e-learning modules, presentations, manuals
- Training Delivery: Deliver training sessions personally or oversea the coordination to ensure effective delivery. Use various training methods including in person, remote, workshops, webinar's and e-learning
- Assessments and Evaluation: Develop evaluation methods to assess the effectiveness of training programs. Gather training data through surveys, feedback, and quality team trends to enhance the overall effectiveness and efficiency of training initiatives
- New Hire onboarding: Partner with key stakeholders to redesign and reimagine our new hire onboarding process ensuring new employees have a fabulous operations onboarding experience and are immersed in our culture, values and gain a full understanding of the requirements of their role
- Third Party Engagement: Partner with our outsourced partners to ensure they are equipped to provide robust training to their operational staff that delivers exceptional customer service and good customer outcomes. This will include train the trainer programs
- Training Content Management: Maintain Training content management, including structured sign off for material with stakeholders
- Team Management: Manage a small team of trainers in line with Zopa people practices, including regular 1:1s, observations, performance reviews & supporting personal development plans
- Stakeholder Management: Identify key stakeholders and establish effective communication channels to manage their expectations and ensure their involvement throughout the training project including relevant sign off
- Expertise in learning, preferably within a regulated environment, you will have proven capability in training strategy, design and delivery
- You have a commercial and business view of training – you have previous experience connecting learning modules to business goals and can use data to provide insights and measure success
- You believe in leading by example and will be self-motivated towards great results - if you see something that needs fixing, you’ll be driven to fix it or will know when to seek assistance to resolve the situation
- You are comfortable and feel confident working in an ever changing and ambiguous environment – we love to disrupt and that means lots of change and quick, so you’ll need to be agile and nimble in your approach to work (your own and other people’s)
- You are a creative thinker – you have a flexible view on learning solutions and can adapt training techniques to the individual or groups learning style
- You are pragmatic – we need you to bring some sound judgement on analysing different scenarios and making decisions
- You are exceptionally organised – with lots to achieve together you’ll need to be a planner to help keep our house in order, multi-task and reach our goals.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- You are driven to support other trainers in a management and mentor role and recognise areas of improvement
- You enjoy testing the limits with technology and how this can improve a Zopians learning journey
Flexible working? Yes please!
At Zopa we value flexible ways of working. We understand the benefits of face-to-face collaboration and the importance of a good work life balance. Our teams work in a hybrid manner from our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office and the comfort of their own homes at a frequency that suits the team and the work they do.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to better products for our customers and a unique company culture for our people. We are made up of nearly 50 nationalities, have a DE&I forum made up of Zopians wanting to make a difference and we are proud of our culture where everyone can bring their full self to work. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.