Senior Business Development Manager
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Reporting to our Head of Business Development, your expertise and passion in this field will lead to further expansion into commercial / corporate accounts. Whilst we already have proven precedence with these clients, we are looking to you to accelerate our growth through this segment. You will be joining a successful team and be adept at executing the end-to-end sales cycle, and ultimately brining on further clients to Zopa Embedded Finance growing portfolio.
The role is full time offering hybrid working (from home) with travel to London, Newcastle-Under-Lyme and client meetings nationally.
A day in the life:
- This is a “hunter” role focused on delivering million pound commercial/corporate contracts.
- Working closely with the Head of Business Development to follow the agreed strategy and implement this.
- Research, identify and build a pipeline of new business.
- Prepare opportunities for risk and business approval.
- Prepare sales pitches, deliver compelling sales narrative, through to closing the deal.
- Build strong relationships with existing partnerships to drive further account growth.
- Manage the sales cycle end to end through to close, with confidence, clear communication, and passion about our product.
- Be on the pulse of market changes to be first in line for potential new opportunities.
- Deliver against sales targets and KPI’s.
- You are driven and hungry, yet strategic in your approach.
- Senior Business Development experience, ideally in Point-of-Sale Financing, BNPL or Payments sectors
- Highly competent at creating compelling sales narratives.
- Strong sense of poise, able to influence both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience creating sales business plans and executing them.
- A clear understanding of the market and industry trends and pain points
- You’re a proven deal closer in a full-cycle Sales role.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise shifting workloads and responsibilities optimally.
- Ability to work as part of a fast-paced, high growth, agile company.
- You bring experience and are able to contribute to the broader sales team.