Platform Team Lead (Workplace Tech)
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We started our journey back in 2005, building the first ever peer-to-peer lending company. Fast forward to 2020 and we launched Zopa Bank. A bank that listens to what our customers don’t like about finance and does the opposite. We’re redefining what it feels like to work in finance. Our vision for a new era of banking puts people front and centre — we’ve built a business that empowers everyone to aim high, every day, to move finance forward. Find out more about our fantastic offerings at Zopa.com!
We’re incredibly proud of our achievements and none of it would be possible without the amazing team here. It’s not just industry awards we’re winning, we’ve also been named in the top three UK’s Most Loved Workplaces.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa, so join us, and make it count. Want to see us in action? Follow us on Instagram @zopalife
As Platform Team Lead, your responsibilities are the management and improvements of the systems, applications and tools that our teams use to communicate and stay productive.
You will advocate automation and monitoring in order to allow our employees to self-serve and do their best work in autonomy. You will also help to remove inefficiencies in the way Zopa use (or don’t use) technology to drive value for the business. Automating consistently, helping to design and support the various technology infrastructure to help Zopa grow.
The Enterprise Platforms Team has been created to improve the way we deliver our infrastructure and evolve the Reliability Engineering culture at Zopa. The team is responsible for evolving our platforms so that they can be more autonomous and agile, replacing tickets with APIs, designing properly reliable services whilst also supporting the security processes that are required in a finance regulated environment.
- Identify and implement opportunities for service improvement, cost optimization and increased efficiency.
- Establish and maintain robust service delivery processes in alignment with best practices such as ITIL.
- Oversee the delivery of IT services, ensuring adherence to SLAs and KPIs
- Continuously monitor and evaluate service performance, identifying areas of improvement and implementing service improvement plans as needed.
- Provide leadership, coaching and guidance to the Enterprise Platform team, fostering a culture of excellence, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Provide excellent stakeholder communication and relationship management.
- Lead and manage a team of Engineers who build, deploy and manage Zopa's Compute and SaaS platforms.
- Extensive experience in reliability engineering, systems engineering; blend of interests in both software and systems engineering.
- Strong knowledge of AWS (brownie points for Azure)
- Very good experience in Linux and Windows administration, including Active Directory Automation
- Strong understanding of networking in both physical and cloud presence
- Administered OKTA and Azure AD
- Have good knowledge of Information Security
Flexible working? Yes please!
At Zopa we value flexible ways of working. We understand the benefits of face-to-face collaboration and the importance of a good work life balance. Our teams work in a hybrid manner from our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office and the comfort of their own homes at a frequency that suits the team and the work they do.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to better products for our customers and a unique company culture for our people. We are made up of nearly 50 nationalities, have a DE&I forum made up of Zopians wanting to make a difference and we are proud of our culture where everyone can bring their full self to work. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.