Collections & Recoveries Agent (hybrid or remote)
Posted on Saturday, December 2, 2023
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We started our journey back in 2005, building the first ever peer-to-peer lending company. Fast forward to 2020 and we launched Zopa Bank. A bank that listens to what our customers don’t like about finance and does the opposite. We’re redefining what it feels like to work in finance. Our vision for a new era of banking puts people front and centre — we’ve built a business that empowers everyone to aim high, every day, to move finance forward. Find out more about our fantastic offerings at Zopa.com!
We’re incredibly proud of our achievements and none of it would be possible without the amazing team here. It’s not just industry awards we’re winning, we’ve also been named in the top three UK’s Most Loved Workplaces.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa, so join us, and make it count. Want to see us in action? Follow us on Instagram @zopalife
The Collections & Recoveries Team is a specialised team within Zopa's highly recommended customer services, assisting with the earliest stages of borrower arrears to maximise the recovery of new arrears cases.
You’ll will be joining a friendly and supportive team. This core team are our Customer Champions and care about our customers and reflect that in everything you do.
This role can either be fully remote or hybrid.
Please note you will be required to work on a shift rota:
Monday - Friday
A day in the life:
- Making outbound calls through a dialler system to discuss repayment of the borrower’s outstanding arrears
- Receiving inbound calls regarding account queries, handling disputes, taking payments and setting arrangements
- Responding to customer and third-party emails
- Speaking to customers on live chat
- Administrative work dealing with correspondence from third parties such as debt management companies and insolvency practitioners
- Completing and reviewing income and expenditure forms with the view of agreeing realistic payment plans based on borrower affordability
- Sign-posting borrowers with financial difficulties to not-for profit debt agencies
- You will have previous experience of working in a customer focused environment, with telephone/call centre duties ideally in a debt recovery/collections role
- You will be familiar with FCA regulation, data protection, and anti-money laundering principles
- You will have excellent oral and written communication skills
- You will be punctual and flexible in adapting to changing environments based on role requirements
- You must be confident in using Microsoft Office such as Outlook, Excel and Word
- You are friendly and empathetic
- Excellent team-player who can work independently and adapt well to change
- You are compassionate, grounded, logical and objective; able to follow through on difficult decisions
Flexible working? Yes please!
At Zopa we value flexible ways of working. We understand the benefits of face-to-face collaboration and the importance of a good work life balance. Our teams work in a hybrid manner from our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office and the comfort of their own homes at a frequency that suits the team and the work they do.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to better products for our customers and a unique company culture for our people. We are made up of nearly 50 nationalities, have a DE&I forum made up of Zopians wanting to make a difference and we are proud of our culture where everyone can bring their full self to work. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.