Senior Front End Software Engineer
Oper is the leading cloud-based digital mortgage software provider. Founded in 2018, Oper’s mission is to enable a world-class mortgage experience for borrowers and lenders.
Oper delivers a cutting-edge solution to lenders and mortgage intermediaries that works across multiple markets, enabling digital-first distribution and high-touch engagement with homebuyers with a seamless process from contact to contract. Today, we operate in 5 EU countries working for a dozen lenders and mortgage broker groups.
Our early traction has attracted top industry investors, including Bessemer Venture Partners, ABN Amro Ventures, Constructive Fund, Verve Ventures, and Pitchdrive, and earned us recognition with top fintech accelerators: Barclays Techstars, Plug and Play, and F10 Fintech Accelerator.
The Oper team operates throughout Europe, with over 21 nationalities and two main physical offices in Zürich and Brussels.
As a technology-driven company, we use a modern tech stack including Angular, NX, NgRx, RxJS, Python, Django, Celery, PostgreSQL, Redis, GitLab CI/CD, Terraform, Kubernetes and a range of cloud providers and tools. The whole team is focused on delivering world-class customer experience consistently on each deploy without sacrificing quality.
To support our current growth in Europe we are looking for a Front End software engineer to join our engineering team in building the client applications of our platform:
- You will add features to our modern Angular, Nx & NgRx based web app architecture together with the team
- You will work with the team in building libraries and web apps that interact with our REST APIs
- You will join the team in building responsive & intuitive user interfaces that guide our clients through the application
- You will use automated testing tools to ensure delivering a high-quality product on each deploy.
- We are looking for a bright engineering mind within the timezone UTC-3 up to UTC+3, that is passionate about front-end technologies and wants to learn
- You have advanced experience with browser APIs and how to debug web applications in web developer tools
- You have advanced experience creating web apps using Angular (preferably with latest versions)
- You have advanced experience working with state management systems such as NgRx or Redux.
- You have advanced experience using RxJS
- You have advanced experience long-term maintaining modern web apps
- You have great oral and written communication skills in English.
Nice to have
- You know how to test your application using Jest, Cypress,…
We are a young and fast-growing company with a strong ambition to change an old and slow-changing industry. To achieve this, we’re building a stellar team in which you will be challenged tremendously.
You will work with a high level of autonomy. On top of having the freedom to creatively make an impact, you’ll be surrounded by an open team that is motivated to support you along the way.
We like to laugh, play games & do sports together. In the Oper international team, you’ll be exposed to a close-knit diverse set of minds, you will have a chance to learn new things and share your knowledge, and meet amazing people and cultures.
There is a lot of room for career path development and a lot of opportunities to travel.
Our hybrid remote setup with offices in Brussels and Zürich provides us with the flexibility to get together when we want to while catering to every individual lifestyle by successfully working remotely.
Our financial offer will be based on the 50th-75th percentile of the Stack Overflow salary calculator using the parameters of your profile and will include stock options and extralegal benefits based on the legal framework of your location.